This content is only relevant for native store.
Product variants are combinations of product option values. For example, if you sell a shirt with two options: size (with values of small or medium) and color (with values of blue or red). The variants of these options are:
To manage variants:
- In the side panel, click Sell Online.
- Click Store Management, then click Manage Products.
- Click to open the desired product and scroll down to the Manage Variants section.
- Click Manage Variants.
- Edit the following fields as necessary:
- Image. Click to add an image of this particular variation.
- Variant type. The combination of options. Cannot be edited.
- Variant price. The base price of the product. Cannot be edited.
- Price difference. The amount the price needs to increase or decrease from the base price. For example, if the base price is $40 and this particular variation costs $45, you would type +5 in the Price difference field. And if the variation price was $35, you would type -5.
- Inventory. If the Track Inventory toggle is enabled, you can enter inventory in this field.
- SKU. The SKU is automatically inherited from the main product, but you can edit it if necessary.
- On/Off. Toggle to the Off position to make the variation unavailable in your store.
To manage inventory:
In the side panel, click Sell Online.
Click Store Management, then click Manage Products.
Click to open the desired product and scroll down to the Inventory section.
To manage inventory manually at the product level, keep the Track Inventory toggle in the Off position. Use the Status drop down to select product status and type a value in the SKU field.
To manage and automatically track inventory at the variant level, set the Track Inventory toggle to the On position. You will be able to manage inventory on the Manage Variants screen.