This article will teach you how to setup your custom domain records for Blue Host to attach to your new responsive site. This will allow your visitors to go to yourwebsite.com or www.yourwebsite.com to access your website. You will have to own your own domain
Steps to follow
The steps for setting up a custom domain name for your responsive site are divided in two. First, you must set up the CNAME. After, you must set up the301 Redirect.
Setting up the CNAME
- Login to your Blue Host cPanel from the Blue Host home page.
- In the cPanel, scroll down and find the Domains section.
- Find the DNS Zone Editor
- Under 'Add DNS Record' place the following information in:
- Host Record: www
- TTL: 14400
- Type: CNAME
- Points to: s.multiscreensite.com
- Click Add Record.
- Verify the record has been added (will show a success message). After the CNAME is successfully added, you can set up the 301 redirect.
Setting up the 301 redirect
The CNAME that was set up will point users from www.yoursitename.comto your responsive site. However, we need to set up a 301 redirect to point users from yoursitename.om to www.yoursitename.com.
- In your Bluehost control panel, go to Domains. Then click on Redirect.
- Add the Following Redirect:
- Click Add.
Wait! Creating CNAME records might take up to 24 hours to fully propagate. While Blue Host is usually very quick, the site will not be immediately available at the newly created records.