Use the Taxes tab in System Settings to set the tax settings for your store, or set the tax for an individual item in the product menu.
Creating a tax
To create a new tax:
- From your eCommerce Store Control Panel, press System Settings, then Taxes
- Press New Tax to create a new tax
- Name your tax, select whether it applies to subtotal or subtotal + shipping, set whether you wish your tax to be included in product prices, and define the zone (use the Zone menu to set up zones) to which your tax is applied.
- Set the rate (a percentage of the cost of the product) of the tax
Setting product's tax rate
To set a product's individual tax:
- From your eCommerce Store Control Panel, press Catalog, then Products
- Select the name of the product for which you wish to add tax
- Press the Tax and Shipping tab
- Enter the tax rate you would like to use for this product