Use Video Backgrounds to quickly add a moving video from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion as a website background. Video backgrounds can catch a visitor's eye with moving content and add a stylish modern look to any website.
- To add a video background to your site, obtain the YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion URL you want to use.
- Right-click the row or column you'd like to add this background to, then click "Edit Design".
- Click the Video tab.
- Paste the URL of the video you'd like to use into the YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion URL text box.
- Background videos will not play sound.
- Videos can take time and bandwidth to load and can distract users from important links or text on your page, so use videos sparingly.
- Consider reducing the opacity of the video background to make the effect more subtle.
- When adding a Dailymotion video that is part of a playlist, make sure to only add the direct link to the video (and omit the playlist parameter, which looks something like this:?playlist=x1x2f3). If your video’s URL has this parameter, just remove it. For example: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ktex?playlist=x5x6f2 would be https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60ktex