With Ecwid, you can sell products that you manufacture yourself, resell products of other suppliers, use dropshipping services, or sell digital products and services. Once you’ve decided what you want to sell, add products to your store catalog so that customers could see and buy them in your storefront.
There are two ways to add products to your Ecwid store: manually one by one or in bulk using the import tool. The manual way will work if you add a few products. If you’re transferring from another ecommerce solution or already have your products list in a spreadsheet, add products to your Ecwid store using the import.
- Ecwid’s free plan offers up to 10 products
- Venture offers up to 100
- Business offers up to 2500
- And the Unlimited plan speaks for itself
Watch a video on how to add your first product:
To add the products to your Ecwid store do the following:
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
- Click +Add New Product:
- Enter the main product details: name, SKU, description and price. If you will ship the product, enter the weight as well:
- Add an image to best display your product.
- Limit the stock if your product is limited.
- Click Save.
- That's it. You have successfully added a product to your store.
You can add an unlimited number of images to every product in your store. We recommend using JPG, PNG and GIF images in RGB color model for your products.
To add images to a product:
- Go to Ecwid control panel → Catalog → Products.
- Click on a product to get into its management page.
- Click Upload Images:
- In the popup that opens select the necessary number of images for the product: hold down the Ctrl key on Windows or Cmd key on Mac OS to select multiple images or hold down the Shift key to select a group of images.
- Click Open in the popup – the images will start uploading.
- After you see images uploaded, click Save on the product management page.
When you add multiple images to a product, the first uploaded image is considered the main product image. Ecwid shows the main image in the product list and the product page.
If you want to change the order of images, you can drag them in the product management page. To set any picture as the main product image just place it first.
You can also customize the appearance of images in Ecwid control panel → Design:
- Pick the size and aspect ratio for the main images in the product list;
- Choose if additional images should appear in product pages in the form of thumbnails or full-sized images;
- Choose if you want to show additional images on hover in the product list.
If you choose to show additional images as thumbnails on product pages, upon a click on such thumbnail, Ecwid will show a popup with a bigger image.
All images are automatically resized to fit the customer's screen. This allows seeing the whole image without scrolling. If the original image is bigger than the resized image, a customer can click + to see the image in its original size.
You can add products to your store in bulk using the import feature. If you have a CSV file with your products, you can just upload it to your Control Panel and the products will appear in your store.