You can change the home page of your site, and set any other page in its place. The original home page will be saved as a regular page and can be reinstated as the home page at any time.
This is very helpful when you want to set an "under construction page" while working on your site or when you want to make changes to the homepage while keeping the old homepage in place.
To change the homepage:
- Navigate to the Pages Panel and select a new home page.
- Provide a new alias (URL) for the existing home page.
- This option is only available for normal pages (not popups, anchors, external pages, dynamic pages, 404 page, blog posts, etc.).
- When setting a new homepage we DO NOT change any links on your website, so any links pointing to the old homepage will need to be changed to the new one.
- Once the homepage is replaced, the old homepage becomes a normal page and can be deleted.
- Multilingual sites are not currently supported.