A Dynamic Page is connected to a content collection and used to generate multiple pages with unique content but the same design. You can either create a new Dynamic Page, convert an existing page to a Dynamic Page, or use a predefined Dynamic Page that is already included in the platform.
Users can add a dynamic page that is automatically connected to an Internal Collection with default content through Pages and Popups. For more information, see Pages and Popups.
- If you select the default Internal Collection (the same name as the page), everything is connected and you just have to edit the content. If you change the field names, it will disconnect them from the widgets, and must be reconnected.
- If you select another collection, you must connect your widgets to the collection fields.
Create New Dynamic Pages
- In the left panel, click Pages, and then click + New Page.
- Select Dynamic Page.
- If you do not have a collection, you will be prompted to create one.
- Type a Page Name.
- Select the collection you want to connect to from the drop down.
- Click Add Page.
After creating a Dynamic Page, the next step is to connect your widgets.
Convert an Existing Page to a Dynamic Page
- In the left panel, click Pages, click the Page Settings () icon next to the page you want to convert, and click Convert to Dynamic Page.
- Select the collection from the drop down.
- Click Done.
After converting a Dynamic Page, the next step is to connect your widgets.
Dynamic Page Permissions
Dynamic Pages do not have special permissions. The data is handled externally (except in the case of internal collections), so if a client has access to the data in the collection they will be able to change it. Also, the data is not backed up in anyway.
Clients with limited editing permissions will not be able to change anything that is connected in the Dynamic Page—they are only able to view it.
Dynamic Page Navigation
Once a Dynamic Page is created or an existing page is converted it will not appear in the navigation and the URL will not be indexed. This is because it does not have any content; it only functions as a layout. This also means the Dynamic Page and the page items will not be available in the link picker. For infromation on how to provide navigation, see Add a List to Display Dynamic Pages.
Dynamic Page Settings
In the Dynamic Page Settings you can change the collection and URL of the page, turn on or off page indexing, add SEO data by connecting the title and description fields to the collection, and add custom Header HTML.
After creating or converting the Dynamic Page, the next step is to connect your widgets.