Customers love discounts and deals. Putting a product on sale or showing that this very price is less than a customer will find elsewhere is a great way to get more orders. This is how the sale price feature works. You can set a special Compare to price for your product and this price will be shown struck out to demonstrate how much the current price is better. For example, if you want to show that your prices are better if compared to your competitors, you can use this field to inform how much they charge for the same product. The other way is to represent your regular price when you want to put a product on sale or to show the suggested retail price (MRP, List price, and so on)
Set a Compare To or Sale Price
- In the left panel, click eCommerce, and then click Manage Store.
- Click Catalog, and then click Products.
- Next to the icon you want to add a sale price for, click Edit Product.
- Click the down arrow next to the Price, and type a Compare to price.
- Click Save.
How can I customize 'Compare to' prices?
To see the layout and wording settings of the Compare to prices, go to the store control panel, click Settings, and then click General. Click Cart & Checkout and scroll to Compare to price.
There, you can set:
- where to display the 'Compare to' prices (Product details pages only or product listing and product details pages)
- how to name 'Compare to' price (for example, 'was', 'List price')
- how to display discount values (in percent or absolute values)
Сan I show the sale price on the product list?
Yes, you can. Go to the store control panel, click Settings, and then click General. Click Cart & Checkout and scroll to Compare to price.Select the Display “Compare to” price on option Product list & product details pages.