Buttons are the easiest way to get site visitors to take action. Buttons can lead visitors to another page on your site or to a page on a different website. Buttons can also open a popup, contact form, online reservation, email address, and more.
To add buttons:
- In the left panel, click Widgets.
- Click and drag the button widget into your site.
To learn more about adding widgets to your site, see Add Widgets.
To access the content editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Content.
- Type the text you want to display on the button in the field provided.
- Select from the following options where the button links to:
- Existing Page. Send the visitor to an existing page on your site.
- Website URL. Send the visitor to a specific URL.
- The following attributes are available:
- Open in new window.
- Set as "no follow". Ask search engines to not associate your site with or crawl the linked page from your site.
- Set as sponsored. This lets search engines know the link is the result of an advertisement or paid placement.
- Set as user Generated Content (UGC). This informs search engines of links created by users (e.g., a link someone posted in a comment), that aren’t necessarily reliable.
- The following attributes are available:
- Popup. Open a popup. Choose from popups located in Pages & Popups or create a new popup.
- Anchor. Send the visitor to an anchor on any page on the site.
- Membership plan checkout. Send the visitor to the checkout page for a Membership plan. This will only show if the site has added the Membership feature.
- Store link. Prompt the visitor's device to open the store login, shopping cart or product page. This will only show if the site has a store.
- Email Address. Prompt the visitor's device to open an email client with a specific email address.
- Click To Call. Prompt the visitor's device to call a specific phone number.
- File for download. Prompt the visitor's device to download a specific file.
To access the design editor, right-click the widget, and click Edit Design.
Use the design editor to select whether the button inherits the primary or secondary button style defined in the theme panel. In addition, you can choose between the different button layouts, make edits to the button style (width, height) and button text (font, text size), and adjust the inner and outer spacing.
Any changes you make within the design editor will override styles set at the theme button level. If you need to revert back to the theme button style, click Reset to theme style.
Primary and Secondary theme Buttons
If changes are made to the button (which will override styles set at the theme button level), an indicator box will still be present on the Primary or Secondary button style.
If the button style that does not have the indicator box is clicked, it will reset the button to the style set at the theme button level.
To make a button visible at all times, even when a visitor scrolls down the page, click the Floating toggle. For more information, see Floating Buttons.
Add a Button Background
You can add a background color or image to a button. Adding a background using the theme button design menu changes the background of all buttons. Adding the background to an individual button will change the background for that single button.
To add a background to a specific button, on the design editor, click the Style tab, and then scroll to the background section.
For information about design options that are not specific to this widget (for example, layout, style, or spacing), see Widget Design.
Add Button Icons
Choose from our font-icon collection to decorate your buttons. Icons make it easier for visitors to identify buttons without needing to read their labels. Icons can be colored and combined with text to make unique buttons that will attract visitors' attention.
To select icons for your buttons:
- Right-click the button widget, and click Edit Design.
- In the Layout section, click the button to open the Select Layout menu and select the layout style that supports an icon.
- Scroll down to the Style section. Ensure the Show Icon option is enabled.
- Click Choose to open the Icon Picker.
- Click an icon to add it to your button. To more easily find an icon, type a subject or name in the search field, or use the drop-down.