Internal Collections are saved and managed in the Content Library and can be used to create Dynamic Pages. For more information, see Dynamic Pages.
For more information about Internal Collections, see the following video:
Internal Collections have the following limitations:
|Collection Number per Site||100|
|Inner collection rows||30|
|Inner collection fields||10|
|Text field character limit||4500|
|Collection name character limit||50|
|Field name character limit||50|
|Page item URL||350 characters|
|Update data||Site/content library publish|
You can create dynamic pages with internal collections by adding one of the ready-to-use dynamic pages in the Pages panel that is automatically connected to an internal collection or by creating a new collection.
To use a ready-to-use dynamic page and internal collection:
- In the left panel, click Pages, and then click +New Page.
- In the Add a Dynamic Page section, click a page that is connected to an internal collection.
- Type a Page Name, and click +Add Page.
- Click Go to Collection to update the content in the internal collection.
- In the navigation bar, click Done.
For more information on adding pages, see Pages and Popups.
To create a new internal collection:
- In the left panel, click Content, and then click Collections.
- Click +New Collection, and select Internal Collection.
- To rename the collection, click the collection name and type a new name.
- Add items to the collection by typing an item (the page item URL in Dynamic pages), and any associated fields. Double-click in the field to add information. To add more fields, click the Add New Field () icon on the right side of the table.
- To edit the content of a full row, point to the row and click the arrows () to open the row in a separate dialog. Alternatively, right-click the row, and then select Edit Row.
- To edit the field types, click the arrow next to the field, and select Edit Field.
- Type a new name for the field.
- Select a field type from the menu.
- Click Save.
Edit Internal Collection Row
To edit a row in an internal collection from a dynamic page:
- Open the Dynamic Page to edit the page in Dynamic Mode.
- At the top of the page, click the Edit Row () button.
- Edit any fields and at the top of the page, click Done.
The new internal collection displays in the collection panel. The next step is to create or convert a dynamic page to connect your collection. For more information, see Create Dynamic Pages.
Welcome to my dentist office
|Plain Text||welcome to my office|
Select an image.
Select business hours.
Enter a location.
|Date & Time|
The default structure is YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:SS, which displays as 2021-10-06 16:12:00.
You must select both date and time for this field, but you can use data formatting to decide how it is displayed. For a complete list of date and time formats and how they display, see Class DateTimeFormatter.
After defining the field as Multi Select, click Options to add options. Each row in the collection can be assigned one or more of the options you created.
Convert Collection Fields
You can convert field types between the following fields (even if the fields already contain data): plain text, rich text, and number.
To convert collection field types:
- In the side panel of the editor, click Content, and then click Collections.
- Open the collection containing the field you want to convert.
- Click the name of the field you want to convert, and click Edit Field.
- Select a new field type from the drop-down list.
- Click Convert.
To undo the change, click the field name, and then click Revert Field Change.