The Store tracks inventory on the product level. This means that you can set the product quantity for each product separately. A product's quantity is automatically reduced when this product is bought. When a product's quantity is decreased to 0, the product gets Out of stock status and cannot be ordered anymore.
What happens when my product goes out of stock?
When a product becomes Out of stock the Store administrator will be notified.
To set product quantity:
- In the left panel, click Sell Online, and then click Manage Store.
- Click Catalog, and then click Product.
- Next to the product you want to set the quantity for, click Edit Product.
- Under Price, click the arrow next to Stock Control.
- Select the quantity in stock, and enter a number for when you want to be notified.
- Select the Unlimited option and the product's quantity will never be decreased to 0 and, thus, will never be sold out. Unlimited quantity functionality usually is used for virtual products or services.
- If you set product quantity, it will be automatically reduced after each purchase until it reaches zero. After that the product status will change to Out of stock and will not be available for sale.
To hide Out of Stock products in your store:
- Go to the store control panel, and click Settings.
- Click General, and then click Cart & Checkout.
- Enable the Hide out of stock products toggle.
If you would like these products to be shown in your store, but not available for sale, you should disable this option.
To get a list of Out of Stock products:
- Go to the store control panel, click Catalog, and then click Products.
- Click the Filter drop-down, and select Out of Stock.
Can I get notifications when my product stock gets low?
Sometimes you need to get notified when the stock is low, but has not reached zero yet. In order to set the value that will be treated as low you should use the Send me a note when quantity reaches input box. Just enter the desired quantity there.
If you want to track the inventory of each option selection (for example, one t-shirt is available in different colors and you have 2 white, 3 black and 1 blue), you should use product combinations.
Low stock and Out of stock notifications are sent to the email specified in the store control panel. Click Settings, and then click Mail. Scroll to Admin Notifications, and enable the Low Stock Notification.